Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Introductions

Hello and welcome to the inaugural post of the Sam&Rosie blog!

This site was started with the intention of sharing the experiences and joy my wife and I have with our two dogs - Sam and Rosie - both of whom are labrador retrievers. I'd written a few emails in the past to close family and friends interested in following their development and daily antics, and a blog seemed to be the next logical step towards making these updates more widely available and accessible.

Just a quick warning though... this blog is intentionally strongly photo-oriented. So for those with slow 'net connections, my apologies.

And now, on to the introductions!

First and foremost, my leading lady and the love of my life - my wife Noon!

I met - and promptly fell in love with - Noon in college about 6 years ago and we were married in July of last year. She's from Thailand but had completed her high school education in New Zealand prior to commencing University in Australia. Noon's currently in the process of completing her PhD in Chemistry. In addition to being brainy, she's also friendly, has a great personality, and is a fantastic cook!

Next up we have Sam!

Little Sammy (well, not so little anymore) was born in October '04 to chocolate coloured parents. Both he and some of his littermates turned out yellow but retained the brown colouring on his nose and eyes. Sam always did have a 'frowny' sort of face... leading to comments that he needed botox injections and a facelift! Despite looking sad a lot of the time, Sam's a happy and well-adjusted lab.

And finally we have Rosie!

Rosie's 3 months younger than Sam, born in January '05. Noon and I had wanted little Sammy to have a companion growing up seeing as we would be away at work during the day. Plus the fact that the only thing better (or worse, depending on how you look at it!) than one labrador puppy is TWO labrador puppies!

That's the introductions done for my part... What about me, you might ask? Well, I'll leave that to my wife to write about! (...hopefully...)

Stay tuned for further posts on Sam and Rosie, I plan to revisit my photo and email archives and tell the pups' stories from when we first brought them home right up till the present. After that, we'll just take it from there and hopefully keep this blog interesting with fresh stories as and when they occur.

Plus there may be some interesting, non-Sam-and-Rosie-related entries as well :)

Cheerio for now!

5 comments:

Andoru said...

I can't wait to have my own labs.....

Anonymous said...

> I can't wait to have my own labs.....

First you've gotta get a mate,
then a house,

Anonymous said...

Labs + garden = Labs.

Labradors automatically dig in gardens. It has been this way since the dawn of time. Cave-scratchings recently discovered in Africa tell that tale of a pre-historic caveman vegetable garden, destroyed by a pack of wild labradors. I tell ya, they're dig-happy.

Min said...

Actually...

Labs + Garden = Happy Labs & Dead Garden!

That pic above with little Rosie sitting on a lush lawn? Let's just say the lawn is no longer lush.

Scratch that, make it "the lawn is no longer".

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »