Friday, December 09, 2005

Not forgotten

I realise that updates and posts to this blog have been few and far between recently. I've not forgotten to write and maintaining this place is still important to me.

It's just that there have been a great many developments happening in my professional life at the moment, with a major change imminent within the next fortnight. These developments have been good for me - in essense I have secured a promotion of sorts, and confirmation in a role in which I wish to develop my skills.

What's not so good is that this has (I believe) precipitated a major shift in the operations of my team of colleagues, all of whom I consider very close and dear friends. This change was forced upon them, and while it may or may not represent an improvement in their professional careers, only time will tell.

I still feel responsible, however, and will have to deal with these feelings over the weekend.